A dental implant serves as a replacement for the root of a missing natural tooth. It is a small man-made titanium fixture. Titanium is used because it is the most compatible material with the human body. Implants are placed in the bone of the lower or upper jaw which serves as a support for the tooth replacement. If you are planning to find a replacement for missing teeth, dental implants may be an excellent choice for you!
To help you weigh out your reasons, Woodgrove Family Dentists has prepared a list to help you decide. Here are some reasons why you should choose dental implants to replace missing teeth:
- With the help of dental implants, your ability to chew foods will dramatically improve. Removable prostheses are only 20 to 25 percent as efficient as the natural teeth. However, if dental implants support them, their efficiency skyrockets to 80 percent. Implant-supported prosthesis functions like natural teeth and makes eating a comfortable and enjoyable experience.
- Dental implants do not become loose; this lets you feel secure that your teeth will not move. You will be able to do regular activities such as speaking and eating without the fear of being embarrassed, boosting your confidence.
- Having dental implants bring you comfort and convenience. They will not cause sore spots in your mouth or require the use of messy adhesives. Implant-supported dentures do not need removal at night to get cleaned.
- Removable dentures may slip within the mouth and cause speaking difficulties—causing mumbling and slurring of words. Speech may also sound garbled. With dental implants, you will not have a problem with normal speech. You can feel confident that your teeth will not slip while you’re having conversations.
- If your dentures are supported by implants, the roof of the mouth is not covered, and food can be tasted fully. This will help you enjoy and savor the taste of the food you are eating.
Don’t let missing teeth steal your smile away! Start smiling confidently again with Dental Implants in Woodridge, IL. Here at Woodgrove Family Dentists, we are dedicated to providing quality service for our valued patients. We are located at 1001 W. 75th St. #165 Woodridge, IL 60517. You may call us to schedule an appointment.